Monday, February 3, 2014


Toy lot - 2006 Barbie kitchen set, high heel shaped container, flocked monkey, lil bratz clothes:  $3


Westminster toys - "Miss Diva" walking/oinking pig:  $2.50 (7 days)

All @ Talize

Due to my recent obsession, I hit up the toy section first.  I wonder if these would have still been around if I didn't?

I've been crazy about pigs lately, so it was funny that I found this one.  I've always wanted one of those mechanical pets, but I never got one when I was younger because they were too expensive.  This one was definitely priced right!

I have no idea why they made it so tacky though.  What's with the wig?  The pig acts like a normal pig too, so I don't know why they describe her as "sassy."

The other weird thing is, the box is dated 2001, while the pig is dated 1986!  There's even a different company name on the pig - iwaya.  So I wonder if they just repackaged old stock.

Turns out the pig is still being sold under the name "Mr. Bacon."  Same company too, but all of the colours are garish and ugly.  I'm pretty happy with the one I got, and the price just can't be beat.  The new ones are $25!


I wasn't sure about the kitchen because one of the handles was missing, but turns out that area doesn't open anyway.  But the microwave, oven, and other cabinet do, so I thought it was worth the $3.  

Especially since it also had a lot of neat details (like a hanging rack), and it looked realistic.  Well, more realistic than usual for something from barbie.  Found a stock picture of it:


The colour is pretty unique too, plus I thought the molded floral details were pretty.  Plus, it came with a bunch of other stuff I liked so I thought the bag was worth it.

It came with even more than shown, but I already redonated that stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment