Saturday, February 8, 2014


Bradley type pose doll:  $5 @ Richmond animal protection society thrift store

I've seen these type of dolls maybe 10 times in all of the years I've been thrifting.  They certainly have the qualities I like....big heads, big eyes, pleasant faces - but the ones I found before were kind of cheap and crappy.  

They all had plastic bases and some didn't even have real legs!  Their faces were kind of off too.  I definitely don't regret not buying those ones.

About a month ago, I finally found one I was tempted by.  It was a blonde in a blue southern belle dress.  I would have bought her if she wasn't so expensive (I didn't think she was worth $6.99), plus she had no way to stand since her base was missing!  I wish I got a picture at least.

Anyway, when I saw this girl, I hesitated a bit.  First of all, she's huge (around 17 inches standing up)!  I have a ton of stuff and I really don't need any more collections.

But...she's just so cool!  I've also never seen any exactly like this (with that outfit and sitting beside a chair), so I thought she was worth it.  Some of the more unique ones go for over $100, which surprised me. 

She just has so many beautiful details...like her earrings and all of the decorations in her hair.  Her hair is also surprisingly soft and silky for a doll this price.  This one was made in Japan and has a wooden stand, so she's way better quality than the others I've found before.

Well, that's it!  I'm officially going to buy any of the nice ones I find from now on...my max is $6, but hopefully they'll be way less than that.  I'd love to have a collection as nice as this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment