Saturday, May 25, 2013


Guess jeans (RSP:  $100+ each):  $1 each
Dorothy Korby - Vintage ruffled button up shirt:  $1
Financial planning books (RSP:  $24.95 each):  free
Genuine crocodile skin (yes!) purse with retractable handle:  $3

All from a garage sale held at a Christian school.

Places like these remind me how much of a ripoff most thrift stores are!  I don't normally go to garage sales since most of them are disappointing, but since this one was nearby (and presumably good sized) I decided to go.

I wasn't disappointed!  My favourite find was the crocodile skin purse, it was the first thing I picked up:


All of the clothes were in piles, it was such a hassle to go through!  Now I know how people  at those outlet centers feel.  I was so slow about it too!

The jeans were nice and looked pretty new, plus, I like Guess.  I thought they would fit me, but sadly, they don't!  I'm sure they will once I lose the weight though, so I'll keep them in storage for now.

The shirt...it was true vintage, and I normally like lacy ruffled things.  But it wasn't as great when I tried it on at home.

The place had no mirrors, that was another downside!  But since it all went to a good cause (and it was super cheap!) I didn't mind so much.

I spent $6 total....that would have been the price of the purse alone at a thrift store, and that's only if I luck out and they price it cheap!

The books were kind of an oddity.  They had piles of them on their doorstep!  They were all new, I wonder if the author has kids that go to that school....or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment