Sunday, May 12, 2013



J.Crew - Sophia - Grey silk halter dress:  $6.50 @ Value Village (RSP:  $204)

I almost didn't buy this!  There were two grey silk J.Crew dresses there, and this looked like the plainer one.  I didn't try it on at first since I was over my limit, but I decided that I might as well see before leaving it behind.



Well, I'm glad I did.  This one was way better than the other one!  I liked the skirt better on the other
one (it was more gathered and had a flowy skirt), but the top part had this weird unflattering bulge at the chest.

Plus, it was more expensive!  I definitely made the right choice.

I looked it up, and it turns out it's still being sold on their site!  It's the Louisa:


Shockingly, it retailed for $290, almost $100 more than the one I bought!  I'm so surprised.

The one I did buy is pretty similar to this other silk dress I have, but since they had different finishes (this one's matte, the other one's shiny) I thought it was ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment