Wednesday, May 1, 2013



Paloma Picasso - Black patent leather purse:  $4.99 (RSP:  $800!)
Heys - Gold metal purse:  $2.99
Jasper Conrad - Embossed ostrich leather purse:  $9.99 (RSP:  $175)

All @ Value Village.

My brother wanted to go to the mall, so I decided to take him.  Of course, since I was in the area, it was a good excuse to thrift!

I had to return my jacket anyway...sad story...thought I found a Burberry, but it ended up being fake.

Anyhow, I could only exchange, and they only give you 7 days to do it.  I wasn't hopeful, but I lucked out with something good today!

First thing was the Paloma Picasso purse.  They always post these at a forum I frequent, otherwise I don't think I would have bought it.

The brand just grew on me!  Ever since then I hoped to find my own, and this is a good one.  I'm always looking for patent leather, I barely have any!

Another site said that her purses retailed for around $800, so I'm going to go with that.  The resale value isn't that great though.  I've seen this purse sell for around $30!  One person is asking for $50 on eBay right now.

Then, the hard gold case.  I've wanted something like this forever too, but they're always so expensive when I see them...$10-$15 plus.

Besides, they've been kind of ugly!  This one fit every bill, I couldn't believe it was so cheap!

This similar one has a retail price of $550!!  Crazy...that one's even made in China! 


In any case, even the cheaper brands would be at least $50 new, so I really think I lucked out.  I think mine's nicer.

Everything is pretty much the same (down to the inner handle and rhinestone clasp) except mine has added raised designs in the front.

The last one I wasn't that sure about.  I don't like paying that much for used purses!

The reason I first picked it up was because I thought it could be new, since the plastic wasn't even taken off the tag!  Turns out it does have some signs of use, but it's minimal.

But I really liked the design, and the leather smelled great.  The clasp is locked in an upward position, and you just hook the flap over it to lock it.  I thought that was so neat!

Turns out it was only sold in the UK, and they're still selling the exact line!  All of their purses this size are around the same price, so I'm sure mine retailed for about that much too.

I thought it could have been more.  It's a nice purse!  Plus, it's really organized on the inside, there are so many compartments!

Also, I really like the gold tag on the outside..it just makes things so much nicer!  A lot of the vintage purses I buy don't have that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment