Wednesday, May 8, 2013



White alabaster jewelry box:  $3.95
Birks - Pair of zinc and glass swan salt cellars:  $2.95

Both @ Community Thrift store

I've only been here once or twice.  I never bother even when I am in the area, since it's so small, and the prices are kind of high for the most part.

I decided to go here today on a whim...I'm glad I did! 

At first, I just saw the swans.  I thought they were so neat!  The wings are moveable, they're so pretty!

It took me a long time to decide since I didn't think they had much use.  There is space to hold something, but it's so small it's impractical.

Plus, I just bought so many bird related avon things!  Well, the mechanical aspect won me over and I ended up buying them.


It was a good call - I just saw a pair go for $75 on eBay...that's for used ones!  I've seen a crystal and sterling silver version that goes for around $300...too bad that's not the one I found!

When I was leaving, I saw the jewelry box in a case.  I did a double take when I saw the price!  It was so reasonable, I'm sure it would have been $20 anywhere else!


 Plus, this one was an actual jewelry box...it had a mirror and compartments inside.  Most alabaster boxes are just that - boxes.  This was definitely worth the $4, it's so heavy and beautiful quality.

Too bad there's no market for these.  I don't see why, they're so beautiful and classy!  I bet this was over $100 new.

No comments:

Post a Comment