Friday, May 10, 2013


Banana republic (monogram collection) - Ruffled brown dress:  $4.50 (RSP:  around $200) (7 days)
Dark burgundy dress:  $3.50 (16 days)

Both @ Salvation Army

I was unsure about both of these.  The first one was marked a 4, so I wasn't sure if it would fit.  The other one was made out of a less than stellar fabric and was handmade.

Well, turns out the banana republic dress does fit!  It's actually a little loose!  Here's what it looks like on.  It's from their 2009 Fall collection:


The material is heavyweight and I thought the ruffle detail was interesting.  I'm glad I bought it!  The label only had BR on it, so I didn't realize it was banana republic at first.

I checked out their website, and it turns out their monogram line is a bit more expensive than their usual line...they say it's supposed to be 'more sophisticated.'

I bought the other dress because it looked wonderful on!  The neckline fell in a neat way, the dress was fitted in the right places, and the skirt flared out beautifully.

So even though it was obviously handmade (some parts were kind of sloppy), I thought it was still worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment