Friday, May 10, 2013



Vintage mod embroidered sleeveless dress:  $4.50 (4 days)
Nora Noh - pale pink floral print silk dress:  $3.50 (19 days)

Both @ Salvation Army

The first dress isn't really my style, but it was a no-brainer!  The dress is just so special...the front is completely embroidered!  I'm pretty sure it's from the 60's.

There are darts everywhere though, it's so fitted!  Plus, I love the collar and the sleeveless design.  It's like it was designed for me, it has everything I would need to wear a dress like this!

I don't see any tags, so I think it might be handmade.  It is well made though, it even has a zipper!  I've seen mod embroidered dresses go for $50 - $150, but I personally think mine is better than any of those ones!

None have been fitted like this, and none have had such a beautiful floral pattern!  Just about all of the ones I've seen have had really tacky designs.  This one is aesthetically pleasing and timeless, I think it works even now!

The other dress...well, let's just say I can understand why it was on the floor so long!  I think it's so ugly!

But I like the fabric.  Well, I like it enough for what it is.  I wanted a nice spring dress, but I find most florals tacky and ugly.  But....sometimes you want that for spring!  So I was on a mission to find one that was acceptable to me.

This is it, except the design is horrid.  I'm planning on using the material to make a cute summer dress!

I don't think it'll take too much work, the bottom of the dress is already wonderful..it flares out in a cute and flirty way.  I just need to shorten it and make it sleeveless.

I've never heard of the designer before, but turns out she's Korea's first ladies fashion designer!  People say her designs even influenced cinema in that country.

No comments:

Post a Comment