Monday, January 13, 2014


Bag of dolls - including Bare Top Ribbon Licca:  $3.99 (RSP:  $20+)
Playmate Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles - Napoleon Bonafrog figure:  $1.99
Takara Blythe - Asian Butterfly Encore (!):  $6.99 (RSP:  $120+)
Wind up tin knight on horse:  $3.99 (RSP:  ~$20)

All @ Value Village

I don't think I've ever had such a major toy haul!  It's always been one of my dreams to find a Blythe at a thrift store...now that's partially come true!


My eyes went wide when I saw her.  I couldn't snatch her up fast enough, and that price...completely unheard of!  

My dream actually involves finding a vintage Blythe.  Those are worth a lot more, but that seemed a lot more likely...non collectors might have them, and not know what they're worth.

Whereas for these new ones...since they're so expensive, only collectors buy them!  I never thought someone would just give it away, knowing what they paid for it.  Oh well, lucky for me!

Funnily enough, I already have this girl!  I only have three...and there are probably over 100 types!  What are the chances that I'd get one of the ones I already have.

I actually want to sell the other one, but this one's a keeper forever!

The TMNT figure was an impulse buy.  I've never heard of that character, plus it's super ugly...but I have a fondness for that show.  The price was sure right!  It's neat to have mint on card figures from my childhood.


I would have preferred one of the turtles, but what can you do.  I checked online, and the going price is around $25 in this condition.

The knight was a total impulse buy...I wish it was cheaper, but I just thought it was so neat.  I love wind up tin toys and you hardly ever see them.


The movement doesn't last very long, and it is kind of weird.  The horse is kind of hobbled!  You can already tell by the way the legs are.  Still a neat toy nonetheless!

It's recent, they still sell them new online.  I've seen them sold for up to $20 plus shipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment