Monday, March 10, 2014


Jecci five - "City Girl" doll:  $36.80 @ Aliexpress (RSP:  ~$75)

I've known about these for a while, but I never really felt like buying them until now.  Finding that blythe at value village resurrected my love for the big heads, I guess!
 

Sadly, she looks better in photographs than she does in person!  Her face is just kind of weird...there are a lot of odd inclines to her face.  I really dislike her philtrum -- it sticks out so awkwardly, though I can see they did it for her profile.  She just looks so bad from the front though!

Her eyes also face downward, a lot.  It's a little weird, but not as bad as the philtrum thing.  Overall, she's just not as pretty or charming as blythe.

I heard people say that these dolls were blythe quality, which is another reason I bought it.  Well, that just isn't the case!  I'd say they were half the quality of blythe, maybe even less.  They used to be around $75 including shipping when they were introduced.

The bodies are completely crappy...shiny, cheap, plastic, nowhere near the quality of blythe's.  Maybe 1/4 of it on that front.

The heads are better, but still not as good as blythe.  The plastic feels cheaper, and it's definitely thinner in areas.  

The eye chip and eye mech do seem as good as blythe's.  The hair on the other hand is WAY better than blythe's!  I always disliked that about them...they all had terrible feeling hair.  I like my dolls to have silky hair, especially when they cost that much!

I really wish I got this one instead, but I chose the one I got because I saw way more flattering photos of her.


A sale is coming up soon, so I almost feel like buying her anyway...she'd be cheaper than this one!  I really like her hair and outfit, but the face is just a no go. 

I do like her cat eye makeup though.  That was another reason I bought the one I did!  Only a handful have that kind of eyeliner, the rest are plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment