Wednesday, March 6, 2013


My little pony - Rainbow dash RC plane:  $5.99 @ Value Village (RSP:  $24.99+)

It was a semi-half price day, and on things I probably wasn't going to buy.  But I just can't resist the allure of thrift stores!

I really came back to pick up those lamps I wanted last time, but sadly, they were both gone.  Darn!  Next time I see something like that (and for that price) I won't hesitate.

I really hesitated on this though.  I used to be big into MLP, but now I have so much stuff I need to get rid of!  It seemed dumb to add one more thing to the pile.


Except...this is radio controlled!  I don't have anything that's radio controlled.  Plus, it makes a lot of cute noises, even ones that are supposed to be coming from the pony (a lot of 'wheeee!' noises).

I figured it retailed for way  more, so in the end I decided it was worth it.

Turns out MLP uses this RC gimmick a lot...there are two on shelves right now!  At $25 and $30 respectively, so I don't know which one this retailed at.

It probably cost even more than that, since this one has the awesome sound affects and the other ones don't.

It came out in 2010.  I don't have any G3's in this style...I really don't like these or G4's.  They just look way too juvenile and cartoony for me.

I didn't even take the plastic off its hair, I might sell the pony and put my preferred G1 babies in there instead.

The annoying thing is, the control came with batteries, but the plane didn't!

Also, it is kind of dumb to have a plane that can't fly.  Oh well, it's pretty cute overall!

No comments:

Post a Comment