Friday, March 15, 2013


Buti Super Oscar (strange name!) - Crocodile leather purse:  $5.99 @ Value Village

What a gorgeous purse!  I actually came to this area because I thought one of the stores was having a half off sale, but it's actually next week.  I might come back again, just because I love thrifting!

I bought this because I thought it might be genuine crocodile skin.  I love exotic skins!  I've never found one before so it's been on my wish list forever.
 

It's definitely leather, but I don't know if it's crocodile.  It seems unlikely, most would stamp it as such if that were the case (but still, sometimes not?).  It's probably just a good embossed leather.

Either way, it's beautiful, and I'm so happy I got it!  It's even lined with a soft supple leather, this is a great quality purse.  Even the cashier commented on it!

Based on the closure, I think it's probably from the 70's.  But it's in great condition, it looks practically new!  Score!

I found out there's an Italian bag company named Buti (in cursive too, but a little different), I wonder if they're the same.

If it's them (which is what I'm leaning towards), it was definitely a deal, since their bags retail for $300+!

No comments:

Post a Comment