Saturday, April 26, 2014


Jessica - Silver BMW Z4 car:  $4.20 (RSP:  ~$40)
Polly pocket/groovy girl cars:  $1.40
Minnie's fashion ride scooter:  $1.40 (RSP:  $26.99 for the set)
Bag of MLP's:  $2.10
Light up walking/barking/tail wagging dog:  $1.40

All @ Value Village

What a great day!  I didn't expect to find so much awesome stuff, especially since it was pretty cleared out 4 days ago.

I'm happiest about the BMW.  It actually lights up!  I've always wanted a 1/6 scale car that did that.  I'd rather have one that lit up consistently, but this one just flashes.....while playing somewhat annoying electronic music.


I almost lost out on it.  Some guy picked it up before me, and he was looking pretty long!  Thankfully he put it back.  I would have been crushed if he didn't!  

I actually saw it first!  But since he was in that area, I didn't want to be rude and cut in front of him.  Oh well, at least it worked out alright.  I did run over to pick it up once he put it down though...even though he was still near it.  I couldn't miss losing out on it again!

Surprisingly, it was made by Toys r us for a cheap looking barbie clone.  Ironically, the car is way better than most Barbie cars that were made in the last while!


For some reason, I can only find it on European Toys r us sites, so I wonder if it was only available there.  It only retailed for $25 euros, which seems really cheap considering the quality.  It does light up and make sounds after all!

I'm sure the regular crappy Barbie ones are priced nearly the same.  Alright, just checked and the cheapest one is 5 euros less...a pretty negligible difference.  Plus, the above came with a doll!  I really can't believe the difference in value here.  People over there would be crazy to choose the Barbie one instead!

Everything was cheaper because I used a 30% off pass.  This is the set the Minnie mouse scooter came from:


This is actually still in stores!  I saw it and thought it was pretty cute, but I was hoping to find one secondhand instead, so that worked out too!

The dog was a similar story!  I saw some on eBay for $8-$10, and almost bought one.  But then I thought that I didn't really need it, and I should hold out in case I found one cheap secondhand.  That sure happened fast!

I can't find the exact same one I bought, but it's exactly like the one I wanted to buy, except brown:


They do have some brown ones in that store, but the fur is different.  It looks matted and really cheap...but this one's got the same colour combination as the one I actually bought.  I like the rosette type fur much better:


The one I bought is really cute, but the construction inside feels cheap.  Some of it's made out of flimsy, throwaway plastic - like the kind used in trays found in cookie boxes!

I'd still buy the pink one if I found it for cheap enough.  It's on amazon for $5.32 with free shipping, but stupidly, I can't buy it even though the seller is in Hong Kong.  Too bad he doesn't have another store that ships to Canada!

The dog actually didn't even work at first.  I was afraid of that.  There were no batteries so I couldn't test it out.  When I tried at home, nothing happened for several minutes.  

Then I don't know what happened...after I fiddled around with it some more, it finally started working!  I think I opened it's mouth repeatedly when it started working.  I was so happy.  I was thinking about how to return it just before that!

Even though this is cheaper than most electronic toys, I think it's even more entertaining!  The eyes actually light up (green!)...which is a pretty weird detail, but I like it!  It also barks and walks way faster than any of the other ones I have.  He's a pretty energetic pup!

And, this is getting really long, but the ponies!  I see G1's pretty often, but I only buy them when they're both of these things:  cheap enough, and in good enough condition.  That rarely happens!  Most are in terrible condition.  

These are kind of dirty, but I knew they would clean up ok.  Plus, I wanted a big brother pony!  I didn't even have one before this, in all of my years of collecting.  I think I only saw one secondhand before this, and I didn't want to pay $4 for it.

Since this one had 2 babies and another pony in it, I thought it was worth it.  Plus, it was only around $2 for everything!

Even funnier...I saw the EXACT same big brother pony at Talize today as well!  That one was in really crappy condition though...he had pen marks all over!  

I think there were 7 ponies for $4, but most were pretty bad, plus the babies weren't interesting.  I'm glad I passed because these ones were way better.

No comments:

Post a Comment