Friday, October 4, 2013


The Silver Crane Company - "Eternal love" Victorian print book tin:  $1.99 (RSP:  ~$18)
Kurhn clone doll:  $2.99
Alabaster box with limoge print:  $2.99

All @ Value Village

I was in the area, so I just had to go!  I've been buying a lot of trinkets lately, but they've just been so good.

I couldn't snatch that tin up fast enough!  The idea is just adorable, the tin is shaped like a book.  It even has some 3D embossing that actually looks pretty impressive...they do look like real objects in the picture!  From far away anyway.

I'm a sucker for Victorian images, especially ones concerning love.  Plus, the price was super cheap.  There was no reason not to buy it!

I'm pretty sure it used to hold cookies.  I wonder what the original price was?  It was made in England in 1995.  "Probably the best tins in the world" is part of their motto!

Well, it did have some wear, but I couldn't pass it up.  There were two other ones with totally boring prints, and of course those ones were in pristine condition.  But I've never seen anything like this and I probably won't again.

The alabaster box was the first thing I picked up.  The company's name was on a sticker in cursive, but I can't make it out.  The print looks pretty from far away, but the details aren't super great.  I was undecided, but thought for $3, why not. 

Same with the doll.  I thought she was a real Kurhn doll because the face paint was so pretty, but it turns out she's a knockoff.  Second time!  I wonder when I'll find a real one.  They normally go for $20, but the ones in ethnic outfits like this go for $40+.

No comments:

Post a Comment