Tuesday, October 22, 2013


Cherub alabaster box:  $4.99
1970's Sindy doll:  $3.99

Both @ Value Village

...and both more than I wanted to pay!  I've paid $5 total for the other two alabaster boxes I have, but I'm a sucker for cherubs.  I've never seen one like this anywhere, so I thought it was somewhat worth it.  I'd probably never have another chance to buy it again.

Same with the Sindy!  I'd never see that particular one again, and I didn't want to regret it.  I do have 3 other ones, but this one's older and more charming than the others.  

I think I paid the same price for the others, but at least this one had clothing.  And it's mod!  Still, I would have preferred to pay $2.

It was the first one I've seen in over 5 years though, so it felt like a mistake to leave it behind!  They definitely aren't too common.

I do remember seeing two of them about a year or two ago, but they were nude and $4 each so I didn't think they were worth it.  They also might have been on the unarticulated bodies, I can't remember.

I also saw some mod 70's barbies there today, but those ones definitely weren't worth $4 each.  The earlier mod ones would have, but not the ones from the later decade with pinched faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment