Saturday, August 31, 2013


Betsey Johnson eau de parfum set:  $22.99 @ London Drugs (RSP:  $45 - $60)

This set comes with a 30 ml EDP spray, a 75 ml body lotion, and a 75 ml shower gel.  London Drugs sometimes has great deals on gift sets, I wish I started paying attention before!  I still had a gift card so I decided to get this once I found out about it.

The regular price is $45 on their website, but oddly enough, they charge $60 just for the perfume in that size!  Where's the logic in that?

Anyway, I tested it when I got there.  It started off really fruity, so I thought I'd like it.  It wasn't at my local store so I didn't want to go there for nothing.  I figured I could return it if I didn't like it.

Well, I didn't like it!  It was only fruity for a few minutes, and then it turned into a horrible mess.  It was so brash and gross, but it finally dried down to something somewhat pleasant.

But that didn't last very long either, and it was quite faint at the end.  It was probably on me 3 hours max.

Plus...it smelled kind of cheap.  Not super cheap, but maybe celebrity perfume cheap.

I really wanted to like this, but I think it's going back.  It gave me a headache at times.  It is somewhat unique, but there are too many parts I don't like.  I'd smell my wrist and like it only half the time or so.

I returned the Katy Perry gift set as well.  I just hope the next one will be a winner!

In another news...I tried Black XS by Paco Rabanne and was pretty shocked.  It lasted THIRTY hours on me and even withstood a SHOWER!  No other perfume has done that before.

I wasn't in love with the smell, but it was a nice, standard smell.  It didn't smell cheap, but it wasn't distinguishable either.

I saw someone selling an unopened bottle for $20...I might buy it if it's still available.  I just couldn't believe the staying power!  It was still very strong near the end too.

No comments:

Post a Comment