Sunday, April 21, 2013


DIY frame trays:  $1.40 (price of frame with tax) X 2 + $1.12 (price of wrapping paper with tax) = $3.92 for both.

I'm so glad for my hoarding ways!  In this instance anyway.

I bought these frames maybe 3 years ago...I thought they were pretty, and that I might want to do something with them.

Even though they were from a dollar store (the now defunct 'Everything for a dollar store'), I thought they were pretty good quality.  They are plastic, but not obviously so...they're not flimsy and hollow like a lot of them area.

Plus, the design is gorgeous!  It's decorated with silver roses all around.  Now I wish I bought at least one more...there's no way to get them now!

The wrapping paper was from a dollar store too, I think I bought it from Dollarama 4 or 5 years ago!  I originally bought it as a photo back drop, but I didn't really use it until now.

I love the print!  It's got a bunch of old French ads on it, maybe from the early 1900's.  I love vintage illustrations, I'm glad I picked it up.

I thought I'd prefer the classic mirrored vanity tray, but surprisingly, I think this looks really nice.  I bought about 100 more bottles, so I need more trays!

I like these way better than those vintage ones you see everywhere.

I'm going to have to check out my local dollar stores soon.  I haven't been in them for so long, let alone the frame section!  Who knows what kind of gems might be waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment