Friday, April 13, 2012


Horse drawn carriage clock/phone/lamp:  free!

I went to a bunch of small thrift stores on a whim today - I'm glad I did!

All of them ended up being disappointing and overpriced, but this one was decent.

And odd.  Things ranged from extremely cheap to a total rip off.  I mean, I saw a real leather purse there for $3!

The guy wanted $20 for the above, which was way more than I wanted to pay for a used plastic clock.  Someone got a better one for only $5

Still, I probably would would have paid around $12 for it.  It's just so campy and neat!

I saw the guy shouting at someone earlier on so I was initially too scared to talk to him.

But the clock kept on calling to me and I mustered up my courage.  It just happened to not have a price tag...

I asked him if it was working and he said he'd test it, but if it worked it would definitely be $20.

Then he noticed that the horse had broken off, and he got fed up with trying to get all of the random parts...he finally said:

"You can have it for free!  I'll just leave it right here and consider it garbage."

I was so happy!  I just hope it does work.

As neat as it looks, it takes up way too much space if it's just a decoration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment