Monday, April 9, 2012

Banana republic - ivory wool coat:  $14.99 @ Talize

I really didn't want to buy this because I had already picked up 4 (heavy!) coats at this point.  There weren't any more carts left so it was a lot to carry!

I spied this on the rack and decided to check it out.  I thought that it would probably be oversized and unflattering, but I tried it on anyway because it was such nice quality.

Well darn it all - it was so flattering!  80% wool too, plus, it had a beautiful floral lining.


I had been looking for a nice ivory coat for a long time, so I caved and bought this one.  Judging from their website, retail was likely over $200!

Despite the picture, it really is gorgeous in person!  I feel so elegant when I'm wearing it.

I just wish it was smaller.  It's a size medium, and the arms are too big for my liking.

The rest is fine though.  It's very figure flattering.

All in all, a surprisingly good day.  I really didn't expect to spend nearly $70 today, but it was so worth it.

This is the first time I've bought anything from Talize, but probably not the last time.

It's way better than Value village!  Shockingly, none of the clothes have that thrift store smell.  Plus, the pricing is generally better.

Still, I probably won't come back again until their next half off sale.

I got there 6 minutes before opening and there was already a huge line! 

Luckily, nobody seemed to be gunning for the same things I was.  I was the first one to make it to the leather rack, even though there were probably 15 people ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment