Thursday, April 12, 2012


San Francisco Music Box Company - Heart shaped rose music box:  $2.99 @ Salvation Army
Glass dish w/golden bird handle:  free @ Salvation Army
Cherub water fountain:  $7.99 @ Value Village

The water fountain was the first thing I picked up today.

It was pretty overpriced, but I'm such a sucker for angels!  I prefer the more mature ones, but did I also mention how much I love fountains?

The angels aren't carved that well, but overall, I just found the thing so wonderful.

Parts of it were still bubble wrapped and the silica gel was included...so that made me think it had never been used.  I probably wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

It ended up working so I'm really happy I bought it.  It's so gorgeous when it's on, but the motor is really loud.

Still pretty darn expensive though, I could get a similar one new for roughly the same price!

Shucks.  Turns out it's from Avon, and someone paid a whopping $1.29 for it on eBay!  It was made in 2002 and retailed for around $35.

Another fun fact - you can activate it by clapping!  I suppose it was worth the price afterall.

I ended up going to the Salvation Army afterward since I had a coupon.

I really liked the box since I love hearts, roses, and white/gold combos...plus, it was musical!

It took me a while to decide, I wasn't sure if I actually loved it enough to take home.

After that, I decided I might as well use my coupon since I had it...but I couldn't find anything I really wanted!

Luckily after a while I found this glass dish.

It closes in a really neat way, sort of like a cracked open egg...and it's made in Italy!  Their asking price of $.99 would have totally been worth it.

Their prices are pretty cheap when they have that coupon.

They did the last time I bought a musical box there too, I wish I knew about it then!

No comments:

Post a Comment