Monday, December 30, 2013


Khaki button up dress:  $10.59 (RSP:  $15+)
Gold skull union jack clutch:  $14.29 (RSP:  $20+)
Crowned skull pink woven oval clutch:  $9.90

All off Aliexpress.

I liked the grey version of the dress so much, I wanted it in this colour too.  I was waiting for a sale though..I regretted paying what I did for the grey one, after seeing how cheap it was here.

I've wanted the union jack clutch for a while.  It's a pretty direct McQueen ripoff - this is what the original looks (the "Britannia" clutch which retails for around $1900) like:


For that one, the difference in quality is really apparent....but is it's 122 times better?  I don't think so.

I think the ripoff still looks nice enough on its own.  They're normally at least $20, so I jumped at it on this price.  

The one I got was pretty disappointing though...there were scuffs everywhere, it looked so used!


Even worse, the skull bead doesn't match, I thought they mistakenly put a silver one on there! 


Upon really close inspection it's actually a very pale gold, but it still looks bad since the frame is a bright gold.

I'm still happy enough though.  I really like the clutch, and I don't think it'll ever be that cheap again.  I've seen people pay twice the price I did!

The last one was a lucky find.  It's the only one I've seen anywhere, and it just happened to be a great introductory price.  They've since raised it by $10!  

The shape and the skull are both unique, I haven't seen them used anywhere else!  I'm so happy I was able to get it for cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment