Friday, December 13, 2013

  

Burberry - Plaid knapsack $4.50 @ Talize (RSP:  ~$400)

Well...that's if it's real!  I posted it on a well known forum, and they said it wasn't.  But....the quality is so wonderful, I couldn't believe it.  It even has that beautiful leather smell!


I did some research, and a lot of bags do have the same elements this one has.  But there are some worrisome details (mostly the lack of engraving on the hardware, the cut off knights, and the use of leather pulls).  

Like I said though, I have seen those elements in some bags...but there's a chance those ones could have been fake.  They sure sold for high enough though!  This one has all of the elements that mine has.  This one's pretty similar, but not exactly the same.


It's just that most counterfeits don't bother to use leather (unless it's a reallllly high end brand like Chanel), and when they do, it's normally crappy quality.  This was so nicely made, I thought for sure it was real!


I did some research on the forum, and people claim that they've seen fake bags deemed as genuine and vice-versa. 

 











So on the off chance they were wrong...for $5, why not?  It's way better quality than most of the non-descript leather bags I pick up.

A lot of the elements are right (the good quality leather, the checks matching up everywhere) so I just can't accept it without proof.

I actually returned a modern burberry coat I found a while back...it looked convincing enough to me.  I hope that one wasn't actual real!  No big loss though, the fit was very unisex and I wouldn't have given it a second thought if not for the purported brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment