Sunday, November 17, 2013


Moschino Cheap and Chic - Wool military jacket:  $4 (RSP:  $1000+)
Helen Morley - Brown silk blazer:  $4



Hot coral chiffon dress:  $3.50
Catherine J Guilbert Paris - Vintage dress:  $6.50

All @ Value Village

Half off day..I just had to go!  I'm glad I went to this one first.  I was surprised there were so many high end finds!

I pretty much pick up everything Moschino, especially if it fits me, which this one does.  I wasn't sure about the silk blazer, but I liked the design (and it was silk!) so I bought it.  Turns out they sell that brand at Neiman Marcus, so it probably retailed for at least $300.

The coral dress is way brighter than the picture shows.  No tags, but I think it's vintage.  The great thing about chiffon is it never looks like it...wash it and no one's the wiser.  It was cheap enough and I thought the colour was interesting, so I bought it.

The other dress was way more than I wanted to pay, but I could tell it was special.  It was probably from the 60's.  The tag says "mirror room," which was a high end specialty shop at the Bay, which showcased fashions from around the world to the wealthy.  This excerpt says it all:

The Mirror Room was an exclusive salon that not only carried the best clothes but also kept track of who owned what. Society ladies’ purchases would be unofficially registered with the Mirror Room sales clerks. If a society lady wanted a dress that had already been purchased by another lady in the same social circle, she would be informed that the dress was ‘unavailable.’

Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment