Friday, November 9, 2012


Schmid - Musical porcelain sitting doll with rotating head:  $3.99 @ Value Village

I really grappled with buying this.  I spent so long just standing there and watching her!  I thought she was so adorable...everything from her face to her head movement.


It's just that I knew she wasn't that old, and she seemed mass produced and not great quality.  If she were vintage, then I wouldn't have hesitated.

She doesn't even have a real body!  It's cloth and styrofoam in the middle, plus those cloth feet look so dumb.  They really should have given her porcelain feet to match her hands.

I ended up coming back for her.  She was just so darling!  I've never seen anything like her before, and the price wasn't that bad (could have been way better though), so I bought her.

Turns out she was made the same year I was, and pretty much has no resale value.  People seem to try to sell them for $10 with no bids.  I did find one ended etsy listing, I wonder how much that one went for.

Well, I thought mine was the cutest anyway o:).

No comments:

Post a Comment