Thursday, September 12, 2013


Bag of barbie dolls:  $3.99
Julie and Leonard - Red blazer with black/white stripe accents:  $9.99

Both @ Salvation Army

I haven't found any vintage barbies in a while so I was really happy about these.  There are two 1962 Midges in that bag!  I don't have any of her so they were a welcome addition.

It turns out one of them is missing a hand, but at least the other one is fine.  They're not worth too much (maybe $10 each if I'm lucky), but you can't beat $2 each.

I also found a body that matches this doll even better than the old one.  It's actually a clone body, but it's better than the real thing!  It's more articulated and the details are finer.  Material wise, it's as good as mattel's.  Too bad there are no marks on it, I wonder who made it.

The blazer...it was way more than I wanted to pay, but it was something special.  The construction, fabric, and design all made me think of something couture!  

Turns out it's not, which was surprising, but it's still a wonderfully made piece.  It's fitted everywhere and just so unique! 

No comments:

Post a Comment