Friday, September 20, 2013


3D framed print - Song of the Angels by William Bouguereau (1881):  $2
Flirty Pink perfume:  $3

Both @ Dollarama

It was a busy day today!  I didn't expect to buy any of these, but they were impulse buys.  

I don't like overly religious art, but I do like angels.  This is a good sized print (around 10 X 12 inches), and it was super cheap.  I thought I could do something with it, even though it is a somewhat tacky hologram.

*edit*


Get out of here!  The painting was actually by my favourite artist, William Bouguereau.  I didn't recognize it as one of his!  Now I'm glad I bought it.  I have 3 of his prints, this one's the smallest (and cheapest!). 

*second edit*

No way!  I just found out that one of my other unknown prints was also painted by him.  I guess I just know what I like!

I actually considered buying that perfume for $5 at Urban Behavior.  I'm glad I didn't!  I was totally ok with paying $3, I only really wanted the bottle (which is a dupe of the Gaultier bottle).  


The fragrance itself is supposed to be dupe of Pink Friday by Nicki Minaj, which I don't like anyway (though I do like the bottle!).


I think it smells similar, but it is gross (I also thought that about the original).  Surprisingly, the lasting power is pretty good!  It's been 9 hours and I can still smell it.

I was also surprised to see a victoria's secret perfume dupe...surprised because it had the same cherub cap as my glow!

It was a lot rougher, but it was ok.  I only really bought the other one for the bottle, so I was a bit annoyed.

That one was way uglier though, it didn't go together at all.  The bottle looked like a wine flask!

I'm wary about perfumes that cheap, I'm paranoid that there are horrible ingredients in there.  It is made in the US though, so that's something.

I did some research at home, and surprisingly, some people say that some of the dupes smell nearly the same as the originals!  None of the ones I've seen though.  All of those ones have been really cheap and crappy with no staying power.

I am a bit impressed by some of the packaging though.  Some of the bottles are actually pretty nice, like this one!  There are some quality issues, but I'm talking about the overall design.

Even the packaging was pretty good...I thought the graphics were very nicely done and I liked it.  Besides the actual smell, it doesn't look like a cheap perfume!

No comments:

Post a Comment