Wednesday, October 31, 2012


Brown finger vinyl beads - bag of 5 hot pink vinyl elephants:  $1.99 @ Value Village


Anri - Vintage mechanical wooden drinking man cork:  $.99 @ Salvation Army

Here he is in action:


I've never seen anything like this before!  I find marionettes intriguing, so I found this thing very neat.  It's not a full marionette of course, but it had one interesting motion - he drinks when you move the lever on his back!  His mouth opens up and everything!

Since it was cheap, I decided to buy it.  I thought it was probably vintage, and it was pretty well sculpted.  I admired the craftsmanship.  He even has little crow's feet!  

I read that artists (at least some of them, probably) carved these to be caricatures of themselves, which I found darling.

Turns out it's probably from the 1940's and made in Germany.  They sell on eBay for $20, so that's not too shabby!  There was other stuff in the bag, but I left it all behind.

The elephants were a big impulse buy.  When I went there today, they had 7 bags of these!  Most of them were these cute pink elephants, some of them were ugly dogs.

I really have no use for them, but I thought they were so adorable!  Plus, they're my colour!  Since they were new in package, and they were cheap enough, I ended up buying it.  I sure know how to justify my purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment