Friday, July 10, 2015


Rotating six panel slat wall (2 of them):  free off Craigslist

I was so happy about this!  I have so much jewelry, the only way to display it all would be on a retail stand.  Of course I didn't ever want to pay that much, so I didn't actually expect to have one.  When I saw them nearby, and for free, I had to have them!

They actually had three, but I only had an idea for two...one for my jewelry, the other for my belts.  It turns out I only had room in the car for two anyway, so that worked out.

They were so much trouble to transport though!  I'm finding that most of the stuff on craigslist is free because it's HUGE and a total hassle to haul away.

It took a while to clean these too, but now they look great.  I've seen plain 4 panel rotating racks for $190 locally, but this one must have been more expensive.  It has a wheel at the top and more panels, I haven't been able to find it online yet.

The rack didn't come with any hooks, but I ended up buying 3 from the seller for $3 total.  It's strange that they wanted to sell them, but since the rack itself didn't cost me anything, I didn't complain.  It turns out I can buy them new for cheaper, so I'm glad I didn't buy too many there.

I just think it was meant to be.  The seller actually even lived near my old house!  I wasn't even sure if I was going to get them, since I couldn't pick them up until a day later.  She said someone else was interested too, so I didn't know if they would get there before me.  Thankfully it all worked out.

Now I just need to get about 80 hooks!  I started styling my rack already, and I think it looks pretty great right now.  It's going to be so beautiful when it's done..I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment