Monday, July 13, 2015


Huge mirrors:  free off craiglist

I actually have four I've gotten off craigslist!  Two each from two different people.  The first two were attached to metal frames, and were probably nearly 100 pounds each!  They were SO heavy, I didn't think I could carry them.  But I was alone, and I didn't want to go there for nothing, so somehow I managed.

The first one was FILTHY too, so this one was a better experience.  No useless backings and pretty much clean.

The one in my room is 40 by 60 inches, and the other ones I've gotten were 40 X 70 and two 36 X 79 inches.  I would have liked the 40 X 70 in my room, but it broke when I was unloading it!  I'm going to have to back this one with something before I move it again.

Anyway, I'm really happy with them.  I actually got them with the idea of making mirrored furniture, but the last two are too thick to cut myself.  I think they'll just be wall mirrors.

They were worth the hassle though.  Mirrors this size cost at least $100!  I've seen some that size for $200+, but those ones had frames.

I'm going to have to make frames for these ones.  I do want to do it on the cheap, and I have some ideas.  I'll just wait and see what kind of materials I come across, I'm in no hurry.  Ideally I'd like a super fancy one like this:


But I know I could DEFINITELY make one like this (except I'd just do one border).  I've seen the tiles at dollarama!


That looks perfectly nice, but I really have my heart set on a regency style frame.  That all depends on the materials I can find though.  If I can find the right molded shapes, I'd just to have to put them together and paint it gold...it feels like it'd be easy enough.

These were all such a huge hassle to load, so I only want small mirrors from now on.  And hopefully nearby!  I do still want my own diy mirrored furniture!

No comments:

Post a Comment