Wednesday, July 15, 2015


Leather of the sea - Lilac eelskin clutch:  $4.89 @ Value Village

It was 30% off day, which was great for me since I was already going out this day.  I found so much great stuff, but this was the only thing I bought.

I only really want stuff that's like new now.  This one has some signs of wear, but not much.  The biggest problem is the fading!  The back looks completely brand new, but the front is faded in comparison.  It's really obvious when you lift up the flap, since the covered areas are still vibrant as well!

But the shade was so gorgeous, I just had to get it.  It has a neat kind of ombre effect.

I'm not sure if I'll leave it as is, or use the skin to make a skull clutch.  It'd look great either way!

I passed on a huge leather J.Crew bag for $10.50....the condition was pretty great, but not brand new.  It had a few scuffs, and it probably retailed for over $300.

The problem was the design.  It had a drawstring closure, and a magnet in the middle to hold it together.  Well, that's not enough for me!  I was worried that stuff might fall out, so I left it behind.

I also saw a Dooney and Burke crossbody for $7.  The condition was decent, but I left it behind because I think the design is kind of ugly.

I also found a gold version of this purse I already have!  I almost wanted to buy that, but it was just too used looking for me.  The gold panther was pretty scratched up and it was stained on the inside.


Plus, I'm probably going to just take the decal from my old one and put it on a good quality leather bag...so it seemed pointless to get that one too.

If it was in better condition, I probably would have gotten it.  It looked great in that colour!  But the wear would bother me up close.

I have seen them sell for online for $40 - $100 though!  Not this exact purse, but Nima purses with gold felines on them.  This is the one that sold for $100:


I'd love to find that one!  It's even better than the leopard one I have in that style.

No comments:

Post a Comment