Monday, November 30, 2015


Jakks Pacific -  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle 48" Colossal Michelangelo figure:  $44 @ Walmart (RSP:  $89.96)

I was undecided about this.  I knew about it when it first came out, and thought it was pretty cool back  then.  But there was no way I was going to pay $100 for it.

Recently I randomly browsed the clearance section on walmart, and I saw him there for about half price.  That seemed pretty decent, but I was hoping for a better deal, especially since the last thing I bought there was 70% off.  I decided to watch it and see if it went any lower.

Well, I ended up getting tired of waiting, and I started getting worried that it would just be sold out.  I saw that the Leonardo was $150 at Toys r Us, so decided that the deal was good enough.  I've actually never seen this in person, so I don't think I could have gotten this otherwise.

I actually like the smile on the promo picture better:


I think the colour looks better there too.  But in person, I was so happy with him!  He makes a great display piece, but I don't think he's very fun for actual kids.  The legs don't move at all, plus it took a bit of efforts to move the arms at first.

The worst part is, he falls over if you move his arms forward!  I won't be doing that though, so it's not a problem for me.  He's such a fun display piece!

Here's the Leonardo:


If he went low enough, I'd probably get him too...but knowing Toys r us, I doubt that'll happen.  He'll probably go to half price, which would be $75, but that's nearly regular price at walmart!  I don't think I have room for two huge figures anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment