Monday, September 24, 2012


Mcdonald's Madame Alexander Wizard of Oz dolls - Scarecrow and Cowardly lion - $1.99 for both @ Value Village

I saw these two days ago, but didn't pick them up.  I was going to, but then I put them down to try a coat on...by the time I remembered I was almost out the door, so I didn't feel like going back for them.

Big mistake!  I started looking at pictures on flickr and realized how much I wanted them.  I have seen these happy meal toys around a lot, but this is the first time I've seen them new in package...and I really don't want to be buying used happy meal toys.

They're cheap enough new, it just doesn't feel like it's worth it to buy them for only a little bit less used.  That's my warped rationalization anyway.

Funnily enough, I saw a bag of four of these dolls earlier that day!  It had both of the ones above, plus Dorothy and the Wicked Witch.  I thought the witch was cute, but the one I really wanted was the lion.  But like I said, it wasn't appealing for me to buy them used.

I love sleepy eyed dolls, but I don't like most of the Madame Alexander dolls from Mcdonald's because most of them have molded clothing.  I hate that!  And molded hair.  That's even worse!  That really moves them more into action figure territory.  I like my dolls skin coloured with removable clothing, thank you very much.

Despite that, there are some other McD dolls I want, if I manage to find them new in package along the way.

Tin man.  Of course!  He's the one I want the most, I might possibly buy him used if it comes to that:

Hombre de hojalata♥

Lollipop munchkin.  He's almost all molded which I hate, but I like his hair and his all black eyes:

Lollipop Munchkin

Wicked Witch.  I don't like any of the girls except her.  I just don't find the girl mold very appealing:

Madame Alexander McDonalds toy

Wolf (from Little Red riding hood).  I'm a sucker for anthropomorphic dolls.  I actually saw a loose one today for $2, but I wasn't having that:

Grandma! What Big Eyes You Have!!

Flying monkeys.  They're anthopomorphic AND winged!

Flying Monkeys!!

Lastly, I'd buy the other version of the cowardly lion:

Creepy Doll, Awake

He's cute enough to have two of!  This one's wearing a dress and a cape, whereas mine is just in a pant suit...with shoes.  The above version makes more sense (sans the cape).

No comments:

Post a Comment