Saturday, September 22, 2012


Carlson type souvenir doll:  $2.99 @ Value Village

This was really bizarre!  Just yesterday I was admiring these type of dolls on etsy...I love their big eyes!  I think they're so cute.  All of them were about $10-$20 plus shipping, which really wasn't worth it.  They don't really have a resale value.

Low and behold, I found one today!  I was literally dumbfounded for a few seconds when I saw her.  I couldn't believe I found one so fast!  I've never seen them before, but maybe I just never looked hard enough.  I almost missed her today!

She's got a baby on her back, which is odd since she's a child:


It's more than I wanted to pay, so I hesitated a little.  But I snapped right out of it since I probably won't be able to get her cheaper, and because it was so strange that I found her in the first place!

At least she's pretty much like new and even comes complete with her stand.  None of the ones I looked at did, so that makes me feel better about the price.

Also, her clothes are made out of leather!  She's a nice quality doll. 

There were a ton of them made under different companies (they all used mass produced Hong Kong dolls), and a lot of them have adorable costumes...like these ones:




I don't like the one mine's wearing so I might redress her.  From now on, I won't buy anymore unless I like the outfit...or they're just cheap enough.  I really want a light skinned one like the last one!

When I travel around, I'll definitely buy souvenir dolls if they're this cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment