Friday, September 14, 2012


Bag of 10 vintage dolls:  $5.99
Ruched eelskin purse:  $12.99

Both @ Value Village.

Argh, I don't know why I go to Value Village on non-sale days!  Their pricing is just ludicrous.

I actually came to the area because I was hoping a $1 sale was going on at Kim's Village, but it was only half off.  It's small and cramped so I don't really like going there just to browse, but I didn't want the trip to be a complete waste.

The bag was in excellent condition, otherwise I'd be really loathe to buy it!  I still thought it was ridiculous, but I just really loved that purse.  I've seen a ton of eelskin purses now, but I'm such a sucker for ruching...and it's navy, which isn't a colour I have a lot of.

I thought I might return it if I changed my mind, but it's way too pretty not to keep!  It looks great on too.

I wasn't sure about the dolls either, but decided to get them anyway.  I knew they had no resale value, but I've never seen dolls this old before....and this cheap, considering it's Value Village!

I'm glad I bought it.  I've always been curious about celluloid dolls, and I think there are at least 4 of them in this bag.  The flimsy ones are so precious, I love them!  There's also a bisque baby in there but I find that one pretty ugly. 

The one with feathers swayed me the most.  I like the look and feel of old things so I'm happy with what I got in this lot.  There's such a difference between them and the things produced now, it's nice to have a bit of nostalgia.

Their little molded hair and sleep eyes are so sweet, plus a lot of them are smaller dolls, which I prefer.  Some of them are at least 80 years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment