Wednesday, September 16, 2015


Moirs - Vintage Valentines chocolate box:  $2.99
Calico Critters - 2006 Halloween baby set + button dolls:  $1.99

Both @ Value Village

I really liked that box, but it seemed a bit overpriced.  Especially since there was still a $.25 garage sale sticker on the box!

But I thought it was so neat, I bought it anyway.  Stupidly, they put the price sticker on the front, and it didn't come off cleanly.  It is cardboard, so I don't think there's a way to do it without ruining the box!

I'm guessing it's either from the 60's or 70's.  It's in remarkable condition for being that old!  It must have been special to someone.  The plastic liner is still inside, but I don't really need that.  I'm thinking about recycling it, but that seems like a shame somehow.

I was surprised to see the Calico Critters, new in box too!  They were in the general bagged section. They were even packed with these dollarama button dolls that retailed for $1.50, which I thought was pretty reasonable already.

I don't know if I'll open up the Critters.  Turns out they're worth at least $40 in that condition!  I haven't seen one on ebay, and the post I did see was from 4 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment