Thursday, June 5, 2014


Snakeskin/leather skull clutch DIY:  $6.50 (clutch) + $3 (skins) = $9.50

I didn't have enough snakeskin to cover the whole thing, and I thought it would look weird to just do it at the front.  I wish it was perfectly centered, but other than that I really like the look.

I cut up this purse to make it:


I was never really fond of that purse, but I only got it because it was snakeskin, and it was pretty much free.  I definitely wanted the purse below, and I would have paid the same price if I just bought that alone...so why not.

I just didn't really like the shape, plus I prefer chain straps.  It's also a bit too small to be practical.  But anyway, I'm glad I have it now since I was able to make an awesome clutch with it!

I switched the eyes and gem from another clutch I made.  I had to damage the stone a bit to get it out, but things look way better with this colour combination. 

I just wish they didn't varnish the snakeskin...you can't even tell it's real since you can't feel the scales! 

No comments:

Post a Comment