Thursday, June 5, 2014


Calfhair skull clutch DIY:  $2.59 (frame) + $8.95 (skin) + $.08 (real pearl eyes):  $11.62

I was really happy with how this one turned out.  All of my other ones have imperfections, mostly wrinkling at the edges...but this one looks nearly perfect!  It would have been almost perfect if I didn't goof up by taking too much skin off.

I cut up one of my pearl bracelets for the eyes.  I never wore it, so this seemed like a better use!  

I just wish it was actual black.  It's a dark grey, which I don't think looks as good as straight black....the contrast isn't as stark.  Too bad, the pearls really do make it look more high end.

This was the purse I used:


It was the only one that was small enough to cover with the skin I had.  I didn't want to use it since I wasn't using an extra!  Now I don't have this purse anymore.  I'm thinking about buying it again, but I'd rather have a black purse made out of quality materials.

Though to its credit, that one felt like it could be leather.  Sadly, I can't get it cheap on amazon anymore, so I'll just see if I ever find a good deal on it again.

This was the purse I took the skin from:


I never really used it.  I just didn't really like the shape or the strap.  Even after I cut off the strap and replaced it with a chain, it just didn't look that good.  It was really hard to get my wallet in there too!

I just wish I didn't pay so much for it.  That's more than I would pay for something that I would just cut up, but of course I didn't think I'd do that back then.

Oh well.  It looks way better now!  The other one wasn't very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment