Sunday, May 11, 2014


1986 Takara Licca car:  $2.99 @ Value Village

Boy was I surprised to see this!  I love Licca, so I just had to pick this up (my two above were thrifted too, of course!).  Otherwise...I wouldn't have given it a second thought.  It is pretty crappy quality.


All of the parts are molded plastic...and all one mold.  It's not realistic at all!  There aren't even any seats...it's just flat inside.  I'm surprised they bothered to include a steering wheel.  Of course, nothing opens either.

Even the tires suck!  Most cheap cars at least have decent looking tires.  These ones are just half tires, they're hollow on the other side!

This company charges more than mattel, so I'm sure this was around $30...but the quality just doesn't even compare.  Even Barbie's worst cars are better than this!

I couldn't find any info on it in english, but I saw it on this Japanese site.  Turns out it's from "Licca's Mcdonalds shop drive through playset":


Strange how they have a boy doll driving Licca's car.  That's just a sticker by the way.  Told you it was crappy quality!  It doesn't even have a windshield..

Besides it being Licca, I really only bought it for the novelty of having a car with the steering wheel on that side.  That's probably not going to happen again!

Also, the scale.  She is smaller than Barbie, and I don't really see cars this size.  I don't think it's really in scale to her though, which is bizarre.  The windshield should be head level!  

The overall length seems ok though.  Cute for her size. 

Well, despite all of its flaws, it still seemed like a decent deal for three bucks.  Even just for the novelty of it!

That's why I love thrifting...you just never know what you're going to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment