Monday, May 12, 2014


Costco 9 grain buns:  free (RSP:  $5.49)
Blue snakeskin purse:  $2
Vintage mouse cheese plate:  $2 

All @ Penny Pincher

I kind of like this thrift store!  The prices are almost always reasonable, and sometimes I find great stuff there.  But not too often.  At least today was different.

The first thing I picked up was that cheese plate. I thought it was so neat and kitsch!  It says "Don't tell pussycat" and it has a shushing mouse coming out of it...I might have even paid more for it, but there were no second thoughts at that price.

The snakeskin purse has a really basic design.  I wouldn't use it as is.  I only bought it because it was cheap enough to cut up, and the skin was still in near perfect condition.  I already used it to make another skull clutch:


Not perfect, but I'm pretty satisfied for my first time.  I have extra frames to customize, so here's hoping I find more cheap skins!

The buns were a nice surprise.  Turns out it was customer appreciation day, and everyone got a bag of bread with purchase.  I've never seen any other store do that!  It's a nice gesture.

It wasn't even expired either!  Well, it was short dated, but still.  Two days is a bit of time, plus bread lasts for pretty long in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment