Monday, May 14, 2012


Furs by Karoway  - fur coat:  $20 @ Value Village

They were having a half off sale today - of course I had to go!  One store said they would be opening at 7, so that's the one I went to first...turns out all of them opened at that time! 

I spent almost two hours at this location!  I couldn't believe it.

This it the first time I ventured through most of the clothing racks...it was such a headache!  My arm got so sore and I just had to stop.  I just don't think it's worth the hassle considering I can get most of my wardrobe new, for cheaper.  I've never spent that long at one thrift store before.

I was undecided on this coat.  After deliberating for way too long, I decided to just get it anyway.

If it were cheaper it'd be no contest!  But I didn't feel like it was worth the $20 considering the other ones I bought were lower than that.

But this one isn't rabbit fur.  I have no idea what fur it is, but it's way better than rabbit fur...it might be mink.  That was the clincher.

I think I'll probably keep the coat.  At least it was made close to home.

Other than that, it was really well made!  The lining has a lovely pattern on it and it's lined with all of these pleats.  It also has a hidden pocket plus two others.

I looked online and found one from this company that was made in the 1960's, so this one might be that old as well.

1 comment: