Saturday, May 5, 2012


Musical jewelry cabinet:  $3.49 @ Salvation Army

I actually bought this last week during their half off sale.

This one was ridiculous!  There were some things that I wanted, but their original pricing was so high, half price wasn't much of a deal.

I probably wasted over an hour there trying to decide!  They had another musical jewelry cabinet with a twirling ballerina inside, but they wanted $7.50 for it...even though one of the legs was broken off!  It couldn't even stand!

This one was broken too, but at least it could be fixed because all of the parts were there.

Well, except for the clock.  It's supposed to look like the picture shown on the box it came in:


I really have no use for clocks, and this one was missing it.  Saves me the trouble of taking it out! 

Despite the broken leg, I was still considering buying the ballerina one.  I ended up putting it back because it also had a clock, which I found really tacky.  Plus, it was just too much money for something most people would have thrown in the garbage.

If I find one in better condition, I'll probably pick it up.

Also, I didn't like the wash on the other one.  I preferred the finish on this one.

The main draw for me was the crazy feet:


I don't even know what those are!  They kind of look like crushed rats...which is a bizarre decor choice.  The box just describes them as creatures:


I actually like the design on the front of the box better than the actual one!


I wonder where these kind of things are sold, I certainly never see them around!  They're still being sold online now, so it can't be too old. 

I found a picture of the exact same one here, except in a different colour:



Granted, the clock looks pretty ok.  But I'd much rather have the compartment space.

No comments:

Post a Comment