Monday, May 14, 2012


Versace-esque crocodile leather purse:  $4
Eelskin purse:  $5 $4 - I found a loonie in there later that night :P

Both @ Value Village.

I was overjoyed when I found the eelskin!  I love exotic leathers.  I've seen a lot of eelskin purses thus far, but none of them were that exciting.  Or cheap.  

I was actually hoping to get one at Talize now that it was half price, but it wasn't there.  Oh well.  I liked the design, but there was some noticeable damage on the front...I didn't think it was worth the ten bucks they were asking.

But this one was just right!  I love the shell like design and it's still in great condition.  Now I'm just hoping for more in other designs/colours.

A somewhat better picture of the other purse:


I took a long time to decide on this one!  I thought it was kind of gaudy, and it was some no name bag that looked like a Versace knockoff.

It wasn't even leather!  That was the real clincher.  To stop my closet from overflowing, I decided to only buy purses that were made from leather, or were just really interesting.

In the store I thought to myself that I would definitely pick it up if it were leather....which is when I noticed that the strip at the front was!  So that sold me, even though the rest of it isn't.

I just thought it was a neat design.  Actually, it would look perfect if the bottom half was gone.  I really like the emblem at the front:


At least it was cheap.  There was another one that was kind of similar, was actual leather, but had really ugly head emblems and was all gold...I decided to pass.  Someone picked it up right after!

On closer inspection, the strap wasn't made out of leather, but the purse sure falls into the other category:  it is interesting enough!

This is the first time I've found money in a purse.  A couple of times I found garbage, what a turnoff.

*edit*

Turns out that other purse is made out of leather!  Just not the really great quality kind that you can immediately tell as such.  Oh well, still a deal!

The shape still bothers me though...too bad it wasn't just a rectangle.  I might steal that emblem for a better purse!

No comments:

Post a Comment