Friday, December 3, 2010



Tan trench coat:  $1 @ SPCA thrift store

I came here on a whim.  I saw a craigslist ad stating everything in their store was half off-they had a bunch of brand names listed so I was pretty curious.  I basically based my whole trip around my being in this area.

Well, the store was pretty disappointing.  I didn't see any of the brands mentioned in the ad, it was pretty small, and I didn't happen to see anything I liked.

At the front of the store, they had a bunch of clothing for $1-some even had their original tags on!  None fit me though, and the styles were pretty ugly.

When I was about to leave, I saw the coat above at the very front of the rack-I couldn't believe it was only $1!  It's the best quality coat I've ever seen.

I didn't see a brand listed, but it's made in Poland and has several other informational labels.  I wonder if it might be custom made, and I really have no clue how old it is.   

It actually has a removable liner!  It's ridiculously warm because of that.

The non removable liner is plaid, which I'm just a sucker for.  Also has a belt and other buckled details..definitely wouldn't have picked it up if it didn't.

I'm really hesitant about buying used clothes, but I submitted this time because it looked brand new!  Plus, the quality and price...

At home I found a few slight stains, but it was still a steal.   I didn't having any cash on me, so I ended up having to pay an additional fee for debit.  It also turns out that the things on the outside weren't half off as advertised, since they were on final clearance. 

The only problem is the size..it's plus sized!  But I bought it because I plan on tailoring it to fit.  I'm pretty sure it'll look amazing once I'm done with it.

It still has dry cleaning tags on it, but sadly, it has that unpleasant thrift store must..I'll have to wash it before I tailor it.  That won't be for a while though.

No comments:

Post a Comment