Thursday, October 28, 2010


Betseyville - Lucky - vinyl platform rain boots:  $5 @ Shoe Warehouse (RSP:  $149.95)
Extrem - Casciano - purple suede boots:  $5 @ Shoe Warehouse (RSP:  $229.95)

Ended up visiting 7 Shoe Warehouses today.  My plan was to go to all of the ones I could get to via public transit-there were actually two more I wanted to go to, but I ended up running out of time.

It ended up being pretty disappointing, slim pickings all around.  Next time I'll attempt this earlier in the sale.

I saw the above at the first two Shoe Warehouses I went to.  There were actually two more boots I wanted to buy, but I didn't want to carry them around-since there were about ten left (in total for both), I didn't think it would be a problem.

When I went back a few hours later, I was horrified to see them completely cleared out-I ended up finding one pair stashed away somewhere.

I thought they had just moved them, but it turns out they were all sold!  It was mind boggling.

Even though they had one color left in the size I prefer, since I saw they had an even bigger size, I didn't want to settle for that one.

I didn't end up seeing them anywhere else (as I thought might happen) so I ended up going back the next day.  Sadly, they were gone.  Oh well, lesson learned. 

I'll admit I ended up going back for the purple boots to lesson the pain of the above. They're my exact shoe size, so they're pretty uncomfortable.

They were just such great quality though (leather, made in Italy) and I don't have any boots in that color, I just had to have them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment