Wednesday, August 25, 2010


Bamboo - black boots w/pink riveted accents:  $5

This was a first for me.  I ended up buying this from someone off of a Craiglist type site-the first time they inadvertently stood me up, but I'm glad I gave them another chance.

I wouldn't normally consider buying used footwear, but this was listed as being brand new, never worn.  

I inspected the soles and they were indeed clean, so I feel like it was an accurate description.  That and the fact that the seller had other items that were disclosed as being used.

It was my size exactly-8.5.  I don't normally like using my actual size, and it was especially risky this time since I couldn't try it on first.

Well, it ended up working out great, and I'm really happy I took the chance.   It came with a matching pink hat (not the same brand), but I'll probably end up donating that.

I'm going to be looking for more items locally, but only if they're brand new, or have only been tried on once or twice inside.  I'm sure most 'new' shoes have had the former done to them, so it feels like the same kind of deal :P.

No comments:

Post a Comment