Monday, March 16, 2015

 
Baby rib cap sleeve raglan tee:  $2 each (RSP: $23 each)
Cotton spandex jersey pencil dress (navy, nude, creme, aqua, brown):  $5 each (RSP:  $45 each)

All @ American Apparel.

I don't normally buy from here, but that's because they're usually way overpriced!  It's because everything is sweatshop free, which is good, but I only buy from places that give me good deals.

Well, the time has finally come!  These were all about 90% off, which finally made the prices appealing to me.  I wouldn't normally buy so many, except you needed to spend $60 to get free shipping...and deals really aren't deals if you have to pay shipping!  

I wouldn't normally have bothered, except when I noticed that the dress styles kept changing...at first I thought they were all different, but then I realized this was a convertible dress!  This many styles and more:


So of course, for $5, I wanted them bad!  I don't have any dresses like this, and their versatility makes them worthwhile.  I wanted one in every colour!  I doubt I'll ever see them for this low again.

Sadly, I didn't get the one I really wanted, light pink.  I had it in my cart and everything, but there was a dumb glitch...a colour I had originally added (army) was sold out.  I removed it, but I think they were removing it at the same time...and I accidentally took out the pink instead!  


Since they were in the process of removing a bunch of colours while I was ordering, I rushed to get my order in and didn't notice.  

I also accidentally ordered two of the same coloured raglans (the very first one), which was annoying too.  I would have preferred to get a different colour!  There were still 3 other colour combinations in my size that I could have gotten.

I read that you could change your order if it hasn't been shipped, so I called the next day...and they said they couldn't do it once your status changed to processed!  How dumb.  That happened within the hour, and they don't take calls on Sunday!

The whole thing was a gamble anyway, since I wasn't sure how everything would fit.  I was thinking that it might be too tight, or that the material might be too thin.

Surprisingly, everything worked out!  The tees ended up being a little loose, but still cut close to my body and very flattering.  I kind of wish I got the last few colours, but I really only bought them to get free shipping.

The dresses are even better than expected!  I was worried that they would be cheap and thin, but they're actually thick and great quality.  The styles are so sexy too!  I love the cross halter and pencil skirt styles.  

I considered getting the light pink afterwards, but I couldn't bring myself to pay $8 for shipping...then my previous savings would have been null!  Just couldn't do it, even though they brought back another colour I missed out on.

I'm waiting for 3 more dresses (raspberry, coral, and black) and one more raglan tee that ended up on backorder. 

Overall, I'm really happy.  Especially because everything is back to full price again!  I wonder why they discounted everything so low in the first place if they weren't trying to clear them out permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment