Friday, June 21, 2013


More samples...I also tried out a lot more perfumes.

Juicy Couture - Couture Couture:  Disgusting!  It smelled like stale grape juice.  I almost bought it, so thankfully that fell through.  I remember really liking it from the bottle, so I was totally taken aback.  It didn't smell how I thought at all!

YSL - Parisienne:  This was a total surprise.  It smells divine from the bottle and on the card, but it smelled horrible on me.  Not the same at all!  I forgot what I sprayed on myself, the scent was so different.  Sharp and sickly.

Flowerbomb - This is so amazing in the bottle and on the card.  It does smell somewhat similar on me, but not as great.  There's kind of a nasty undertone when it's on me.  I think I don't do that well with florals.

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme:  Smells great!  Just like it does from the bottle.  I think I do well with musky scents.  But my Lempickas are pretty musky so I don't really need any more.  It's a nice twist on it though, I'll definitely pick this up if I find it cheap.  Lasting power isn't super impressive and it never develops into anything more once it's applied.

John Galliano - Parlez moi d'amour:  I thought this would be my signature, it smells so amazing!  Luckily, it does smell the same on me, but after a while it has some slight odd undertones on me.  Still, all and all pretty good.  Lasting power is better than I thought, but like the pour femme, it doesn't develop into anything else.

It smells better in the bottle than on me, though it's not bad on me.  It smells better at first, after a while it's not as great.  Still, I'd buy it if I found one for a good price.  Not a must buy.

So far I like Signorina better on me, even though I love Parlez moi more from the bottle.  But that one also has the problem of not developing into something more, and it doesn't last too long either. 

Ed Hardy - Villainess:  Absolutely disgusting!  Smelled completely different on me, I wanted to scrub it off!  It smelled so cheap and synthetic on.  Makes me want to avoid his other fragrances.

Katy Perry - Meow:  It smells quite pleasant from the bottle (sometimes), but it doesn't smell the same on.  It's a chemical fruit for a little bit then it's just a vanilla...the vanilla smells pretty synthetic but not unpleasant.

But the biggest surprise for me - it lasts so long!!  Over 24 hours on me....big shocker.  That's never happened to me before (probably could have with Alien if I gave it enough time).  The scent was still pretty strong too!

I returned it though.  I think I could get the same kind of scent from a cheap body spray, though of course I wouldn't expect the same lasting power.

I do like vanilla, but I'd rather have one that smelled more authentic.  This one didn't smell very expensive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment