Saturday, November 20, 2010


Angel diary - Ballerina notebook - Star notebook:  $1.99 for all @ Value Village
9.5" Mukmuk plush:  free @ Northern Gifts (RSP:  $25)
My Little Pony:  Baby Lickety Split - Baby Tic Tac Toe - Daisy (birthflower pony):  $1.99 for all @ Value Village

It's funny.  I haven't bought a MLP in a long time...a few years ago, they'd have been the only thrift shop finds I would find worthwhile.  

The reason I started going in the first place was to find toys...first MLP, then other miscellaneous toys from the 80's.  

I've actually passed up a lot in the last few years.  They were either dirty, common, or just not worth the price to me.

Honestly, I basically only pick up ponies that I know are rare, or good condition babies that I don't already have (such a weak spot for the little ones). 

Finally, I've seen the light!  My horizons have now expanded and I pretty much check out everything.  For the last year, it's mostly been home decor or small personal (but not too personal) use items like the above.  

Still won't pass the clothing threshold though.  If it's something that someone's put against their bare skin for various periods of time, I'm not touching it!  

Unless it's new with tags...but I never have the patience to look through all of that junk to find those scarcities.  

I was overjoyed when I found the notebooks!  The angel one was the only one I really wanted, the other ones I probably would have passed up.  

I did like the ballerina image, but it's not something I would have gone out of my way to get.

The last one I don't really like that much, but I might as well use it since I have it.  I'll just put a better image in there :P.

Back to the angel one.  It's dollar store 'elegance' at it's best!  Kind of tacky, yet kind of awesome at the same time.  

The little 'frame' just makes it..I've never seen that kind of style before.  Of course, it just had to feature one of my favourite painters, William Bouguereau.

The picture was framed pretty stupidly (started almost halfway down), but I fixed it for the picture.  

On an interesting aside (to me anyway), it's actually multilingual inside:  english and spanish.  Here I was thinking french was that second language of ours.   

No comments:

Post a Comment