Thursday, December 8, 2016


Holiday Time Madison™ 6.5' White Pine Christmas Tree with Multicolour Lights:  $32 (RSP:  $47.98)

I've always loved white Christmas trees.  When I was looking for a big pink tree, I came across this one...I was shocked the price was so low!  All of the other ones have them for over $100.

The locator said there was limited stock at a nearby Walmart, so I just had to check it out.  Turns out they only had one...the display model.

They only offered me 10% off, which I thought was pretty crappy.  But I called the other one that was supposed to have stock, and they said they didn't have any more so that clinched it.

It didn't come with a box, and when I got home, I saw that a lot of the lights had already burned out...if I find one still in box, I might try to return this one.  Though I don't know if they'd take it back.

I also saw a 7 ft one for $199!  I don't know why the price jumped up that much, except I suppose that one was much fuller looking.  Still, I didn't think it was worth 4 times the price for only a half foot more.

That one was also all white lights...it looked classic, but I found it boring.  I think the multi coloured one I got looks much nicer.  It reminds me of sprinkles on a cupcake!

Online I saw there's a version with blue lights:


It looks quite pretty too...I saw this picture posted on walmart.ca:


It's definitely wintery!  Not sure which one I would have bought if this one was still in stock.  They're both beautiful in different ways, but I think I still prefer the one that reminds me of sprinkles.

The white one:


All of the other white trees they had in box had white lights.  They had 2 4 ft ones left, but they would have been around $29....so only $3 less than the one I got.  That totally didn't seem worth it!  Mine had the best value for sure.  Found a picture of it on walmart.com:


The best part....I used my gift cards, so this was basically free!

Though I saw in the past, it would have been $12.25 if any were still around after new year's...that would have been such a steal!  I'll be kicking myself if I end up seeing that deal later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment