Tuesday, September 7, 2010


Friss & Company - Olinka - brown leather wedge boots:  $15 @ Shoe Warehouse (RSP:  $209.95)
Vianni Collection- Noelle - black stretch lycra boots:  $15 @ Shoe Warehouse (RSP:  $149.95)

I almost bought the latter pair for $10 earlier this year-in the end, the cashier/manager said it was a mistake and wouldn't honor the price shown on the box.

I was pretty pissed off-any decent store would have honored it as it was their fault completely, especially since the 'real' price wasn't too much more.  

They had a buy one get one half off sale, so I decided to bite the bullet and finally get this pair, albeit for a larger sum.

It took me a while to decide, since I don't normally like to pay that much for boots.

I also thought they might all be half off at the end of the year-in the end, I caved in because the Friis & Company shoe box is gorgeous!  I've been looking for a big box to do something with, and that one is perfect.

I also relented a little because they were purportedly made of leather-the brown ones definitely are, but I'm not entirely sure about the other ones.  There's no information on the boots themselves, but it was marked on the boxes I saw at other locations. 

They had 3 pairs of those brown leather boots in different sizes-the size I wanted ended up being marked $5 less than the other ones!

I was worried the manager would hassle me again, but luckily someone else was working the register this time.

Kind of leaves a sour taste in my mouth, since I probably could have gotten those other boots for their advertised price if my timing was better.  Ah well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment